Free School Meal vouchers
Free School Meal Vouchers
For the last 2 weeks we have provided supermarket vouchers for your family in place of your child getting a free meal at school. The government now has a national scheme in place to provide vouchers to the value of £15 per child per week.
The voucher scheme is organised by a company called Edenred on the government’s behalf. You will receive an email to the account you gave to the school and then this is what you need to do:
1. The email will have an e-Code – a 16 digit code number. Select and copy the code
2. Go to www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk
3. Paste or type the 16 digit code in to the box and click redeem – shown circled
4. Select the supermarket you prefer from the list shown which currently includes:
o M&S food
5. Enter the amount - £15 per child per week
6. Checkout on the website and the eGift card for your chosen supermarket will be emailed to you. This could take up to 3 hours.
7. To use the eGift card you just need to show the barcode on your phone at the supermarket checkout. If you have limited data remember to screenshot the barcode on your home Wi-Fi before going to the supermarket.
You can use your £15 allowance across more than one of the listed supermarkets but you would need to make this allocation when you log on to the www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk website.
Aldi and Lidl are not currently part of the scheme so you can’t use the vouchers there. We will let you know if this changes in the future.
You will receive a voucher for every term-time week that the school remains closed. This will start after the Easter holiday (20th April 2020). We will ensure that everyone who is eligible is included.
If you have recently applied for free school meals then you will be included as soon as you provide the school with proof that you are now eligible.