At Djanogly Sherwood Academy we believe that our children deserve a curriculum that promotes aspiration through experiences that broaden their perspectives.
- Curriculum wow / hook days
- Diversity day
- Our Djanogly Dozen
- Trips / visits related to theme
- Foods from other cultures
- Curriculum choice days
- Music performances / music camp
- Primary parliament
- Residential / overnight stays in school
- Theatre productions
- Interviews for leaders at all levels roles
- Learning an instrument
- Guests / visitors – in person/virtually
- Sporting events
- After school clubs
What is it that children at DSH need that will prepare them for what comes next?
A curriculum that extends the children’s knowledge beyond Sherwood. Including experiences such as:
- Leaders at all levels MAD group (Making a difference)
- Use of stimulating resources eg Google Earth, Google expeditions
- Developing experts
- School visits, particularly Year 6 (where we ensure a memorable experience), the Djanogly Dozen (including their passport) to London, camping under the stars, playing a musical instrument etc.