At Sherwood our 'Curriculum to Inspire' is based on our 5 R school values that underpin all the learning and experiences that the children receive.
These are the ways in which our Cultural Capital is demonstrated through our School values, school value days and are clearly promoted within our school environment:
- Leaders at all levels. eg digital leaders, school council.
- Mentors for younger children.
- Lunchtime helpers in the hall.
- Children trained to support with the mentor roles of digital leaders, reading buddies, playtime leaders etc.
- Promote daily with 1:1 discussions reinforced with house points and through regular circle times
- School displays to motivate and challenge.
- Our Year 6 graduation and speech written by the children reflecting on their time here and considering where they aspire to go in their lives.
- Links with other schools and further education establishments.
- Sporting events linked to houses/ school values
- A culture of owning up to our mistakes, whilst being supported to make poor choices right.
- Behaviour policy / choices conversations linked to 5R’s
- Acknowledgement within achievement assemblies of children who have been honest. Holding up good role models.
- Development of our lunchtime play zones.
- Different method of delivery of the curriculum to encourage independence and peer collaboration.
- Celebration assemblies to recognise achievement, recognised by all.
- The connections made to British Values, through the curriculum, assemblies and the ideals of our 5 R's.
- The language of term, respecting and celebrating other children and other cultures.
- ALL children’s achievements are celebrated.