At Sherwood our 'Curriculum to Inspire' is based on our 5 R school values that underpin all the learning and experiences that the children receive.
These are the ways in which our Cultural Capital is demonstrated:
- Leaders at all levels. eg digital leaders, school council.
- Reading buddies for younger children.
- Children trained to support with the mentor roles of digital leaders, reading buddies, language leaders etc.
- School displays to support, motivate and challenge learning.
- Our Year 6 graduation and speech written by the children reflecting on their time here and considering where they aspire to go in their lives.
- Links with other schools and further education establishments.
- Sporting events and experiences to encourage our children to challenge themselves
- A culture of owning up to our mistakes, whilst being supported to make better choices.
- Behaviour policy / choices conversations linked to 5R’s
- Acknowledgement within achievement assemblies.
- Manipulatives and materials in class to select and support their own learning
- Different method of delivery of the curriculum to encourage independence and peer collaboration.
- A culture of respect for all
- Celebration assemblies to recognise achievement, recognised by all.
- Children encouraged to respect the school environment
- The connections made to British Values, through the curriculum, assemblies and the ideals of our 5 R's.
- The language of term, respecting and celebrating other children and other cultures.